Monday, December 12, 2005

if there is one thing i will miss when i will move away from here is the sound of the heavy machinery used to clear the snow. i know, what a strange thing to miss.

the building across from me is bright and blinking with christmas lights. i can't decide whether i find it pretty or repulsive. on the one hand i appreciate the effort people put into creating the holiday spirit, but i can't help but think about all the electricity we are using up for something so mundane. i wonder, also, if anyone has ever suffered from an epileptic seizure after staring at those blinking - motion christmas lights for too long.

----

this makes me think of this lovely little poem by leonard cohen which is really not about that at all but i will post it nonetheless

I wonder how many people
in this city
live in furnished rooms.
Late at night when I look out
at buildings
I swear I see a face
in every window
looking back at me,
and when I turn away
I wonder how many go back
to their Desks
and write this down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home