Saturday, April 22, 2006

driving up north to what i originally thought was a small logging town, i was overwhelmed by the greatness of the sky and the mountains around me. these are my mountains, those my family would drive to every weekend from the day i was born to when i turned about ten and our family life took a 180 turn, not necessarily for the best. those where i first experienced peace and carelessness.

i was looking in the rearview mirror, comparing the color of the sky and the road behind me with the path that lay ahead and surprised myself thinking that i prefered watching the scenery disappearing behind me. the colors seemed more vivid, the mountains just a little bit higher.

i think, sometimes, i get a little too nostalgic. comtemplating past events rather than looking at the present. i also spend a great deal of time imagining a bright, precious future, thinking two steps ahead instead of concentrating on where i'm actually setting my feet.

and i deeply feel the need to change that.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i really like this log. not just what you write but the feel of it.
its important to reflect on the past, and its important to envision the future, but i realize that doing too much of both just makes me dissatisfied with my current situation, when in fact, what ive only got is the "now" to work with and work on. and even this "now" is transient.
god knows where im being taken.
i want to be content, realistic, wise enough to know my limitations, but i dont want to close doors or give up even before i try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home