Tuesday, April 18, 2006

i never quite realize how much the city gets to me until i find myself in the montreal metro again after being away for a few days. my attitude is completly different though and i experience a dreamy, hazy state that clouds my mind for a couple of days until the imperatives of clean laundry and furballs in the corner of my room that need to be vaccumed draw my attention again.

---

a friend of mine sent me a 'thirty things you want to do in the next thirty years' type of list. i've since been unable to answer. it is not that i can not name thirty things that i want to accomplish but i find myself torn between establishing either unbelievably utopic or absurdly mundane objectives. i could very well name you thirty things i would like to do in the next 30 minutes, 30 days, even before i turn 30! but i freeze when put under the pressure of writing down things i might have to commit my mind to for 30 years.

---

on another note - or maybe it is just an extension of the same topic - spring is definitely in the air. i must say that it is not without having any effects on me. i see friends and acquaintances looking to find potential matches to spend the turn of season with and i wonder really whether i'll also commit to watch crocuses, tulips and hyacinthes fall in and out of season.

but who knows, really, where we fit in mother nature's grander scheme of things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home